The iPhone Trade-In Program
These coming days, you’ll sure be seeing a lot of your friends, families and colleagues getting into and out of the Apple store. Well, it’s practically true that they might be buying the new models of iPhone to be released this coming September. But the main reason that we are seeing them right now will be that they are going to make use of Apple’s new trade-in program for old model of iPhones.
Yup, that’s right. Apple will be launching their ‘Reuse and Recycle’ program this coming August 30. This program will allow all iPhone users and enthusiasts to exchange an older iPhone model for a new iPhone at a discounted price. Although the program will start rolling this August 30, the full scale implementation of it will be experienced during the month of September.
According to 9to5Mac, an employee will be checking your old iPhone model and then provide a quote based on the model and the condition of your phone. If you agree with the quote and decides to do a trade-in, they will back up and wipe the phone at the store and you will be issued an Apple gift card. This card can then be used as a discount coupon upon buying a new iPhone of your choice.
Before you can participate in the trade-in program, here are a few reminders that the Apple store had set.
- The new iPhone that you wish to buy must be an on-contract phone and must be activated on scene.
- The value of your phone will be created based on the conditions of its specifications such as display quality, button quality, overall hardware damage, engraving, liquid damage, and being able to be powered on and used normally.
- It’s a no-return-no-exchange policy.
- Your important apps and files will be backed up and your SIM card will be given back to you, so no worries.
- Still, the store will be receiving non-working models but there will be no equivalent gift card for it.
- The program will only cover those iPhones starting from the iPhone 3G model up to the iPhone 5, so don’t ever try your luck if you’re carrying an iPhone 2G and below.
As reported, the used models in the trade-in program will be shipped to BrightStar, a wireless phone distributor. It is planned that they will be doing the recycle process to be used again in the United States. This announcement has proven the said rumors about Apple’s talked-about partnership with BrightStar. The program will take effect in the United States but there are plans of it being launched in the international market at a later stage.
Without a doubt, the launch of this program will truly boost the market for the upcoming iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c model. The iPhone 5s will be the successor of the hyped iPhone 5 model and is expected to do better in sales compared to the latter. The other model, iPhone 5c is the budget-version of its line which aims to replace the 5s’s handset models such as the 3G-4s models. The 5c also comes in an array of different colors compared to 5s.
With the recent initiative of Apple, it’s indeed aiming to have a record breaking launch for both the new models, aiming to top its all-time high sales records enjoyed in the past years. So iPhone fans, get your old iPhone ready and witness how Apple take its bid to stay on top of the game.